Tuesday, 3 March 2020 – The Safety, Health and Environment National Authority (SHENA) held a socialization event entitled "BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY, THE SHENA STORY" for educational institution leaders nationwide. More than 200 educational institution leaders across Brunei Darussalam attended the event which took place at Sengkurong Sixth Form Centre.
The event is part of SHENA's ongoing Outreach Programme to engage relevant stakeholders as well as the general public in pursuit of its mission in making Brunei Darussalam a safe place to work and live. Among other objectives of this event are:
- To provide a better understanding on the roles and functions of the Safety, Health and Environment National Authority (SHENA) specifically for educational institution;
- To provide a better understanding on the importance of maintaining high level of HSE in workplace in different sectors / industries;
- To highlight the roles and responsibilities of educational institution leaders in ensuring the safety and health of their staff and students;
- To provide insight on the laws for compliance in building a safer Brunei including inspection and surveillance visit process; and
- To provide a better understanding on safety management system in educational institution.
SHENA aspires to drive and strengthen workplace safety and health in all workplaces across all industries and will continue to engage educational institution with the support of relevant authorities and undertake inspections to ascertain the level of compliance onsite.