The criteria for approval to act as a WSH Co-Ordinator shall be, but not limited to the following:
1. who is at least 21 years old;
2. must be a Brunei Citizen, Permanent Resident or a person to whom an Employment Pass (employed by the company) has been issued;
3. must possess a minimum qualification in the form of a relevant HSE Training Course. The relevant HSE Training Courses that are recognised are as follows:
- Institution of Occupational Safety (IOSH) - Managing Safely;
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health Award (NEBOSH); and
- Other qualifications and practical qualifications which in the Authority's opinion renders him/her competent to act as a WSH Co-Ordinator.
4. must be sufficiently competent and a fit and proper person to carry out the work of the Workplace Safety and Health Co-cordinator;
5. must possess at least two (2) years of practical experience relevant to the work to be performed by a WSH Co-Ordinator e.g. construction, health and safety officer, etc.; and
6. may have to attend an interview at SHENA for further assessment on their suitability to be a WSH Co-Ordinator.